Poems Made By a Passionate Group

Now as we near the end of this review and also the end of our Weekly Review of the UAE or TMROU (The Monthly Review Of the UAE). So before we do conclude, we would like to share a few poems written by a private group of friends.

For privacy's sake, we'll be not naming the name of the actual members, but the name of the group. I would love to introduce them as their name: Rhomancae.



So, they have made Two extraordinary  poems, one of them being a Sonnet and the other an Acrostic on this week's theme and topic.

Starting off will be the Sonnet:

 

My archaeology, to you I write.
How I love the way you explain,
Invading my mind day and through the night,
Always dreaming about the magallanes.

Let me compare you to a large crowbar?
You are more lithic and anthropological
Old storms whip the twiglets of October,
And autumntime has the grey murder charge.

How do I love you? Let me count the ways.
I love your mythic memoir and remains.
Thinking of your monuments fills my days.
My love for you is the logical reigns.

Now I must away with a boric heart,
Remember my bold words whilst we're apart



Now for our second poem, an Acrostic also written by the same group:




Abject submissions submit.

Reminiscences note.

Chapbooks impact.

Humble submissions submit.

Autobiographical reminiscences run.

Early chapbooks walk.

Own memorandums memorize.

Long memorandums document. 

Only traces recount.

Grave inscriptions engrave.

Initial submissions submit.

Corresponding traces delineate. 

Abundant traces record.

Loose memorandums memorize.


Several chapbooks cry.

Indelible traces outline.

Theatrical reminiscences run.

Egregious memorandums memorize.

Smallest traces retrace.

Now that you have read our poems, how they were a bit of an escape from how usually a blog post ends, and also it was a bit of fun reading this. If you want to share your opinions on the poem, please do comment, it's always great reading them.

- NG



Popular Posts